Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Phases

I love summertime. It's by far my favorite time of the year. I was built for sunshine, warm days, and water. I love that the sun is up when I get up and lingers well into bedtime.



With that being said though, I am kind of welcoming the start of the school year and the season of oranges and reds. I desperately need some routine and consistency in my life right now. I hope school schedules will regulate that a little more. Right now each week is different and each day has it's own routine that never mimics the one before.


Cheerleading and football season is in full swing and will most likely dominate our lives for the next 2 months, but it's so fun. It's so fun because both of my girls are cheering this year and it's really special to see the progress they have already made in the few weeks since we've started.


 With the start of the school year, I've been giving a lot of thought to food. I want to be better at planning our meals, something I get on and and fall off the bandwagon often. I want to use Sundays as a day to get all of our food bought and plan for the week. I want to have breakfast ideas, after school snacks, and easy, quick dinner ideas. I'm on the Pinterest hunt for those things.




I tend to look at our life in phases and a few phase will begin next week. I don't have it all figured out yet and everything ready, because who knew how much work went into send a little one to school for a few hours a day, but I'm really excited for it and all the fun and new experiences it's going to bring. Riley has this about me poster that I'm pretty excited to help her fill out for the first day of school. It brings back so many memories of my childhood and I'm so blessed to be remembering mine with these little girls. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the cheerleading pictures. They are some precious girls. I LOVE pinterest. I have been trying to plan out meals and make my grocery list from there as well. It really seems to make things alot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been horrible about visiting since I changed jobs back in Feburary and they've grown up so much! They're so very cute! Glad to see that they're still having fun cheerleading! Hope you all are well! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails