Thursday, September 8, 2011

What I've Been Doing Instead of Blogging

My life has been a little busy lately. I'm craving avocado. I'm not pregnant, but do have the baby crazies still because about a million people in my life have newborns. These pictures I think are a fair representation of my life for the past week.

Here is my little Moo at preschool.
God love her.
She looks like she could be old enough to drive a car in that plaid shirt, jeans, and sneakers.
We (we being used very loosely) pick out her outfit each night before school to avoid a big ta-do in the morning over what she is going to wear. She's very opinionated in this department and I remember being the same way, reinforcing the notion that she is a tiny version of myself.


A stands for AWESOME!, as in; My girl's capital As are AWESOME!
I love her responses to her Meet Me worksheet. I also love the color she uses for her name. She brings color to my life.


Can't forget about my Baby Moo either. She cries at Pre School drop off because she cries, "I go bye bye too!" when we have to leave. Why is everyone in such a hurry to grow up? I'm guilty of this as well. Always trying to get to the next thing. Just got to get through the week. Just got to get to graduation. Just got to get through this year. I have to constantly remind myself, No! Live these minutes now, because you never know what's going to come next. She will start in January most likely after she turns two.


I love watching this little girl dance.
I am also super impressed with my photography skills if I do say so myself. I took these pictures through one of the mirror windows. You know the ones? Where the window the girls see is just a reflection of themselves but the parents can see through on the other side? It's pretty hard to get a shot of what's inside instead of your own reflection, but with a super low aperture it was possible. All of it comes so naturally to my little ballerina, unlike swimming and swim lessons. haha


She also cracks me up at how she sticks her tongue out when she concentrates. Wonder if that's a characteristic of a ballerina?


Before the days of rain began we spent much time soaking up the cool, fall like weather. Summer is for sure my favorite season with it's sunshine, long days, and potential. I don't mind fall either though. The tiny bit of chill in the air is refreshing and I pumpkin pretty much goes with everything. We spend time out on our deck in the cool weather painting; my tiny girl loves to paint.



I framed one of my photographs finally, well it was actually a few weeks ago, I'm just getting around to sharing. Even if it's just one, it's a step. I plan to frame many more. Put that at the end of my very long list.






My husband and I have been in such a wonderful place in our marriage. I really never knew that marriage was so full of compromise and required a true effort from both parties to make it success. I guess no one really ever knows though until they experience it. We have been getting along wonderfully.. until tonight when we had a disagreement, but worked through it, and are now on the same page. It's so vital for our girls to see us disagree, talk about it, and come to a resolution or at least an understanding. It seems as though every action and word you speak influences them and I want to influence them in the best ways. Being a parent is such a responsibility that is way bigger than what is seen on the surface. Geeze, talk about pressure.

The whole topic of living beyond one's means seems to be a reoccurring theme in my life recently and I would love to get into a position where we can spend way less and save way more. One of such things being our cell phones. I ask myself, are these really necessary? Then I think, what would we ever do without apps like this one?



In all seriousness though, I really hope we can get back to the basics and I think we are on a really good track towards that.

A lot of this (see photo below) has been going on lately as well, but not enough it feels like. I just realized that I have a super, crazy, important test to take mid October. Well I didn't especially just realize it, I have known the date for awhile now, but it has just hit me that it's about a month away! Ugh pressure. Pressure, pressure, pressure. 


It will be so weird come this time next fall, because I won't have all this pressure of school lurking.
Regardless of all the stress and pressure from finishing school, I am determined to enjoy this season of my life. Season being the 'tail end of undergraduate' sense and the 'fall season' sense. I'm going to study, apple pick, study, enjoy babies in cowgirl boots, practice NCLEX questions, hit up as many pumpkin patches as possible, study, shop for Halloween costumes, study, and soak up my little girl in her last year preschool and my other little girl before she hits the milestone of her 2nd birthday.


I promise (myself if no one else) that I'm going to post more frequently. Raigan is staring to get the hang of  the really big milestone of being potty trained so expect potty posts in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. I love your post!! I love the fact that you let your children see you disagree. Someone once told me NO child needs to see you and your husband fuss. I said I disagree. I think its very important and its important for them to hear you say your sorry and see you make up. I love all the cute pics. I really like the app picture that is one of our favorite commercials. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails