Sunday, July 8, 2012

Catching Up

It's July.

The 4th was a few days ago, but as I'm writing this there are many fairs, festivals, and homes with firework shows. The neighborhood we live in goes big to celebrate the birthday of our country and tonight is no different.

Not only did this week bring a new summer month, it brought a change in my job. I worked my last day shift Friday and am now moving into the nocturnal world as a night shifter. I have a pretty good outlook on this change as it comes with a large pay increase and flexibility that we need. Say there is a doctors appointment, instead of having an off day to do it, I can just sacrifice a few hours of sleep that can be later made up. The only real concern about it is the sleeping part. I had a roommate my freshman year of college that never needed sleep and never really did. Her moto was, "You can sleep when you're dead." I'm 99% sure she was not on speed and just did not require as much sleep as the rest of us, but I could never carry out her logic, because my body requires at least 12 hours of sleep a day and a nap to feel refreshed and well rested. None the less, I'm pumped.


We have still been making way with our Summer Bucket List and creating many fun summer memories. We impromptu-ed and camped out in our back yard one weekend with our family, but I'm pretty sure my dad was the only one that actually spent the whole night in the tent. We enjoyed hotdogs, bean salads, s'mores, and time together around a fire.



 For some reason when I have a list I have this extra push to finish things, check them off, and complete the list. I guess it doesn't really matter if we do all of the things on our list or not when summer comes to an end, but I have a competitive spirit and would like to do them all. With the months changing from June to July I got that extra nudge on top of the list nudge that we are running out of time.

Naturally the problem solver and multitask-er (thank you motherhood for giving me those qualities) in me accomplished 4 of our clothespins in one day... and not only one day- one trip. I'm gonna be humble here and go ahead and nominate myself for some kind of award.

I packed the heck out of our car with an array of thing; swim bag, picnic bag, cooler, purse, scavenger hunt, kids, best friend, and we head downtown Cincinnati to Sawyer Point. We just love that park and that was one of the things to do this summer although we go down there all the time anyway. We love it so much that there has been discussions on a few occasions of us moving Downtown for a short while to live that life experience, but it's still for sure in the premature discussion only stages. I figured while we're downtown visiting our park we should pack a lunch and Picnic in the Park, another of our clothespins. And heck, while wwe're downtown in the city, lets do the City Scavenger Hunt too, and pack our bathing suits and visit the Splash Park. So we did all 4 and it was such a fun day.




For our picnic lunch we did it the way that we do  when we pack things for the pool. Make some sandwiches and  throw other random snack like stuff in too. We had: PB&J sandwiches, strawberries, dried berries, peperoni, goldfish crackers, yogurt covered raisins, peaches, yogurt, and water.





For the scavenger hunt I Goggled "City Scavenger Hunt" and this was the one I used.  It had large pictures and was very appropriate for my girls ages. It was actually really fun all of us. They have different versions on the site I found it on, so I'm sure we'll be doing this again.





This one has been extra cute lately when I try to take her picture. She puts her hands on her hips and pops one out. She had the other moms at the splash park cracking up with her posing. Maybe there's modeling in Raigan's future?
















Raigan's facial expressions here are just too funny and that was our 4 for 1 trip to Sawyer Point.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails