Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Easy as...

pie? Nope. Easy as chicken.

I love chicken. When I was a vegetarian for years, it was the chicken that I missed most.
I love chicken and I love simple.
I love honey and mustard too, and salt.

So here is the yummiest chicken recipe made with all things I love:

It's 4 simple ingredients

*Chicken breast (after watching Food Inc, I try to buy organic free range whenever possible)

*Yellow Mustard

*Honey

*Salt

Your portions of meat should  be the size of your palm. My husband and I usually share a chicken breast, Riley will eat a small portion of mine, if we're lucky, and Raiggie, she isn't quite there yet, close, but not there. I sometimes make more to have leftovers, but not very often, because unless Brandon takes them for lunch the next day, they just sit in our fridge till I get around to cleaning it out.

You preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Put a chicken breast(s) in a shallow pan or baking dish (I use aluminum foil because it makes clean up easier).

Cover the chicken breast(s) with a good squirt of honey and a good squirt of mustard. Sorry if I'm being too technical here. haha

Sprinkle with a small dash of salt.

Pop it in the oven for an hour, baste the chicken a few times throughout with the honey mustard glaze, and.....

voila! Honey mustard chicken breast.

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh that sounds good AND easy. And we have chicken breast in the freezer, sounds like I will be trying that recipe next time. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna try this too! I'm always looking for quick easy dishes, the hubs complains when I make the same things repeatedly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i like the sound of that combination! yummy! I will definately have to try that! Easy is good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails