Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 11

Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.


This is the parking at Northern Kentucky University. 

I'm sure you're thinking, oh, nice garage. No. 

They have two garages that are always full and never close to anywhere anyone needs to be other than administration. 

The parking lot closest to the nursing building is almost always full, inevitably when you are running late, and is not even paved. It's just gravel. 

When it rains this lot, among others turns into puddle city. You have to practically swim to class and then the bottoms of you pants and shoes are wet. When you open the car door, you literally have to stand in your car and jump to a dry spot. 

And then! in the winter it's a skating rink, naturally. 

I have nothing good to say about NKU parking other than the fact that they are probably making a large profit because the hundreds of dollars us students pay to park there certainly isn't going towards anything other than the salaries of the people that drive around and ticket cars. 
I occasionally drive my husband's truck to class but have to pay to park in the garages (that are super far away) even though I pay hundreds of dollars for a parking pass, but it's not associated with his truck, so it doesn't count. 

I could go on and on about this, but I'll spare you anymore.

I also should receive a plaque in the parking services office that reads:

"Megan Herald #1 Customer for Parking Tickets"

for all the stupid things that I have had to pay tickets for. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that really stinks! They want you to come to their school...you pay tuition, plus parking and they are no hospitable at all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails