Thursday, July 28, 2011

Perfect Timing

So Riley got another Little Passports in the mail the other day. She gets so excited when she gets mail; like mother like daughter. Her little passport this month was from Japan and it couldn't have come at a better timing, as I will be in Japan next week.

Let me just say that again, I will be in Japan next week. That's so crazy. I spent most of my evening last night making treat bags for my girls for each day that I'm gone. I write little notes and printed maps and did a concept similar to Little Passports, so my girls know what city I'm in that particular day and how I will be missing them terribly. I plan to pick up some little toys and treats to put in there for them too. I hope they enjoy them and enjoy spending the week with my husband.


I plan to share my little treat bags here as soon as I'm finished with them so other mommies can use it if they ever travel away from their littles.


I love how excited my girls (and my brother in law, Mark) are about learning geography and I love that this little teaching tool makes it so fun. They talked about sushi, Children's Day, fish markets, and had an activity to help better understand the concept of the exchange between Dollars and Yen. Some of the activities I think are geared more towards older children, but Riley totally grasps the concept of the general geography and most of the items included.


Usually they give a clue as to which country is next, but this time they left it to be a mystery. I think there' s a little bit of fun not knowing totally what you're getting yourself into. At least that's what I keep telling myself, as I will be flying halfway across the world to a country where I don't speak the language and don't even know what to pack for, but it's a once in a lifetime opportunity that I just cannot pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails