Friday, August 19, 2011

I have a new appreciation for American food. All of it in it's unhealthy, fatty, greasy glory. It doesn't always have to be unhealthy though or even complicated.

I also appreciate (that may be a stretch) that I have a very picky 4 year old on my hands. 
So to make things more fun I let her pick her own things. I offer her a somewhat healthy array of choices and let her control what she eats. For dinner the other night? We had a very modest taco bar.


I cooked some lean ground beef with a small chopped onion, minced garlic, a dash of chili powder and a dash of cinnamon. 


Then put toppings: cheese, shredded lettuce, RoTel, and sour cream into these fun containers I bought a while back from the Dollar Tree. You might recognize them from our Easter party. Containers like this make me happy, so it's fun to integrate them into every day use even though it means doing more dishes, it makes it fun. Fun for Riley to choose what she wants and gives her a sense of independence.


You know she ate ALL of her taco and even told me that I make the best tacos. 


We also had corn, peaches, and left over Mexican rice. Easy-peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails