Thursday, September 30, 2010

Because It Deserves It's Own Post...


I mentioned earlier this week that we took a day trip to Savannah while on vacation last week and mentioned buying sweets from this place (click on the pic to visit their website):





Just a mentioning it in another post though wouldn't suffice. This place is a nightmare for anyone trying to lose their baby weight and has failed for the past 9 months... I'm glad I wasn't in that position because I have zero self control.... it's heaven though for anyone with a sweet tooth.



They had chocolate covered pretty much everything.

Chocolate covered pretzels. 
Chocolate covered graham crackers. 
Chocolate covered marshmallows. 
Chocolate covered nuts. 
Chocolate covered peanut butter. 
Chocolate covered chocolate. 



They had pounds and pounds of fudge sprinkled throughout the store.


They even sold GLASS bottles of Coke. 
This is the part where I feel in love and then went into a diabetic coma.


Truffles. That's all I really need to say about that.

I didn't even get a picture of the pralines. Their world famous pralines. It just melts in your mouth and I could have probably eaten pounds of it. When you walk in they give you a sample of it, which is good business, because once you've sampled it you have to have more. In the store too, they make taffy right before you eyes. The machines and conveyor belts and such are roped off, but plenty visible to see the process of making taffy from the mixing ingredients to the wrapping. There's such a novelty about it and great for the kids.

The coolest thing is that you don't even have to go all the way to Savannah, Ga to get some of their pralines, or fudge, or chocolate covered anythings (I do strongly suggest finding this place though if you're in south!). You can order  it off their website: http://www.riverstreetsweets.com/ They have gift baskets too that are great for the holidays.

Warning: don't click the link unless you're ready to buy their Peak-A-Boo Praline bucket on their home page, once you see it, you won't be able to resist.

River Street Sweets are not compensating me at all for this post, I'm just sharing the wealth.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I really would be in heaven there! But I know you can only eat just so much, and of course, I'm sure you could spend a lot of money! I love places like that! I would love to spend a thousand dollars and take a whole bunch home to eat from time to time! ok...then I would weigh a million pounds!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails