Monday, August 16, 2010

Things I Refuse to Sacrifice as a Mommy

We all do it, have that motherly instinct to give things up for ourselves so our family can have everything they need. Like sleep! Sharing everything we have including our beds with a certain toddler, going a few days without a shower-but I wouldn't know about that... haha, I could go on an on. 


But! 


There are some things I refuse to sacrifice just because I have children. What are the things sacred to you that you just WILL NOT give up? 

I'll start:

  • I refuse to buy underwear that comes in a package. My husband knows this and does not complain about my Victoria's Secret purchases.
  • Time with the Hubs (Even though I need to work on this one sometimes). Someone once told me the best gift you can give you kids is a good marriage. There couldn't be a truer statement.
What about you?

2 comments:

  1. I refuse to give up my books. I must read! Whether it is in the bath, or staying up late to get in some reading time.

    I also refuse to give up my writing...although it has become quite a bit more challenging these days...hence becoming a blogging mama!

    Great Blog! I look forward to reading more. I am your newest follower!

    www.mandalynandthestinkycheese.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't given up the time I spend doing my hobbies. There have been many times that I did have to put it on hold a bit when the kids were younger. As far as money goes, I haven't given up my Starbuck's coffee. I work part-time anywhere from 2 to 4 days a week...when I work...I get a Starbuck's, but usually not any other time. It is definately my treat! Also, here is a bad one...sometimes I buy chocolate and hide it in my drawer until the kids go to sleep and then I get it out and share it with my husband!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails